From Vinyl Creep
About Clutter Magazine
UK-based with an international perspective, Clutter is the first English language magazine to focus on the designer toy phenomenon. Combining in-depth interviews with the scene’s leading figures, forthright editorial and outstanding photography and design, it’s rapidly establishing itself as the toy collector’s must have read.
Clutter was founded in September 2004 as we felt there was a lack of information out there for the collectors of Designer Vinyl toys. As collectors ourselves we became increasingly frustrated with this information black hole. On graduating from University with degrees in Graphic Design we decided to do something about it. After speaking with collectors, designers and manufacturers we realised just how big the demand for information was… the response was truly amazing!!
At Clutter we understand the relationship between many of the more underground movements, and draw strong links between ART, TOYS, SKATEBOARD CULTURE, GRAFFITI, MUSIC, and FASHION! This approach has resonated with our own readership which is as diverse as our outlook.
Clutter Magazine is independently published, founded and designed by: Miranda O’Brien & Nick Carroll
- 15 Gods & Monsters - Cover by Jeff Lamm, featuring Dead Presidents, Lou Pimentel, Leecifer, Lana Crooks and Itokin Park
- 14 Eat My Dust! - Cover by Ilovedust, featuring Hello Brute, Mad Barbarians and Jim Koch
- 13 Unlucky for Some - Cover by Angry Woebots, featuring Devilrobots, Tado, Jesse Hernandez and Eboy
- 12 Punk Rock Poster Girl - Cover by Tara McPherson, featuring Insa, Julie West, Amanda Visell and Alice Chan
- 11 Robots, Guns & Girls - Cover by Ashley Wood, featuring Luke Chueh, Buff Monster and Triclops
- 10 Super Natural - Cover by Jeff Soto, featuring Playskewl, Unkl, Bwana Spoons and Jason Siu
- 9 The Wheaty Wheat Issue - Cover by Chris Lee, featuring Brandt Peters, Andrew Bell, Phallic Mammary and MAD
- 8 The Bling Issue - Cover by Tristan Eaton, featuring Kenn Munk, Doktor A, Huck Gee and Tilt
- 7 1st Anniversary Issue - Cover by James Jarvis, featuring Nanospores, Lunartik and Elizabeth Ito
- 6 Asian Invasion Part 2 - Cover by Red Magic, featuring Eric So, Pal Wong, Rocket World, Tesselate and James Liu
- 5 Couples - Cover by Tim Biskup, featuring Seonna Hong, Peskimo, Triclops, Friends With You and Angel/Devil
- 4 We Love NJ - Cover by Nathan Jurevicius, featuring Frank Kozik, Seen, Jeremyville and DFace
- 3 Asian Invasion - Cover by Toy2r, featuring Tim Tsui, Michael Lau, Alice Chan and Kenn Munk
- 2 East Coast VS West Coast - Cover by Dalek & Gary Baseman, featuring Voltaire, Jeremy Fish, Attaboy, Andrew Bell and Shawnimals
- 1 Monsters Ball - Cover by Pete Fowler, featuring Tado, Jon Burgerman, LMAC, Mark James, JAke, Lunartik and James Jarvis
Clutter Toy Exclusives
These were toys only available from Clutter Magazine.
- Gipper Reagan Bust - 18" Pink, 2012
- Billy Bananas - 5", 2009
- Dunny - 3" Ye Olde English Dunny Series, 2009
- Dunny - 3" Series 5, 2008
- Cabello - Pink, 100 pieces
- King Ken - Pink
- Qee - 2.5" Venus Fly Trap
- Rainpunk - Pink, Series 1, 50 pieces
These are one-off pieces by Clutter Magazine.
- Sketchbot - custom for the Sketchbot Custom Show V2, 2010
- Qee - 10" DIY Bart Qee for the DIY Bart Qee World Tour, 2007
- Lefty - for the DIY Calamari show, 2007
- Action Man Custom for Action Man 40 40, 2006
- Podling - 5" You're My Fish Now Dave!, for the DIY Podling Show, 2005