Cuddly Rigor Mortis
From Vinyl Creep
Cuddly Rigor Mortis is Kristin Tercek. In 1992, the year after I graduated NYU Film School, I met my husband, Ed Mironiuk. Eleven months later we started our own company, Cha-Pow! digital ink and paint, coloring animation for Coke commercials, Elmo's World and Saturday Night Live, to name a few.
In late 2005, as a hobby, I started Cuddly Rigor Mortis LLC, hand making plush dolls of my own creation. I had never sewn anything before in my life. I did little to no promotion and yet had my fair share of exposure. Gallery shows, magazines and fans found me from all over the world.
After 3 and a half years of sewing the same patterns over and over again in my spare time, I needed a break. Painting was calling me and I found myself able to explore some deeper themes that I never could with fabric. I had taught myself how to paint when I was eleven and it's been waiting patiently for me to get to this point. I'm older, filled with inspiration I never had access to and a brand new appreciation for it. So I offer up a glimpse at what's been swimming around inside my head for a long time. And if it seems just cute and happy, please keep looking. I'm sure you'll notice something quite horrific soon enough.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Kristin.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Kristin has lent her design skills to.
These are one-off, or very limited, toys.
- "Mr Gay" for Idiot Box 2, 2015
- Piece(s) for Adventure Time x G1988, 2014
- "Fuzzy Naval" for Crazy4Cult 8, 2014
- Piece(s) for Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary, 2014
- "Cosmo Bumble" for Color Theory, 2014
- "Nikko & Toto" for Not in Kansas Anymore, 2013
- "Unthinkable Disasters Descend" for Crazy4Cult 7, 2013
- Piece(s) for Meth and Hot Dogs 2, 2011
- Plush for Plush!, 2008
- "Voodoo" Plush for Stuff This! Plush Group Show, 2008
- Plush for Stuff This! Plush Group Show, 2007
- Plush for Plush Week, 2006