From Vinyl Creep
J★RYU, AKA the Purdy Supremacy, is an east coast-based designer/sculptor/artist focused primarily on exploring the themes of life and death and more intriguingly, what lies beyond. Primarily recognized for his signature Forest of Sorrows series, with its emotive, eerie and ghostly themes, J★RYU has garnered an avid following of fans who eagerly look forward to seeing each subsequent new piece and how the accompanying narratives add to the ongoing story.
In his career, J★RYU has worked on projects for clients such as Marvel Ent., Sony Ericsson, Wonderbra, AT&T, NCAA Final Four, Columbia Pictures, TOPPS, Mia Hamm, Michael Crichton, IBM, Slim Jim and more and has shown in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, NYC, Nebraska, Washington DC, Richmond, Miami, Chapel Hill, Thailand, Singapore and the Phillipines. He is a proud member of the world famous Army of Snipers.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by J*Ryu.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that J*Ryu has lent his design skills to.
These are one-off, or very limited, pieces.
- Cavey - custom for Cavey’s 3rd Birthday, 2013
- Dunny - 3" Silver Ticket custom for the Urban Vinyl Daily custom series 1, 1 piece, 2012
- Piece(s) for Scary Girl - 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition, 2012
- Android - customs for the Dragatomi SDCC Edition Custom Android Blind Box Series, 2012
- Card for The Art Hustle 3, 2012
- Playsam custom for The Playsam 500, 2012
- My Little Pony custom for The Pony Project, 2012
- Bellicose Bunny - "This One's For the Dreamers" custom for Bellicosity, 2012
- Piece(s) for Rabid, Wild and Docile, 2012
- Piece(s) for Year Of The Dragon, 2012
- Dunny - 8" "Sanctum" custom for Kidrobot - King of the Boards, 2012
- Gumpy - custom for The Gumpy Show, 2011
- Jumping Brain - Custom for the Brain Evolution Exhibit, 2011
- Piece for Stop It!, 2011
- Wood Rayola - custom for Shades of Ray, 2011
- Pieces for Vinyl Roots, 2011
- Ghost Girl - "What Came Before Will Come Again" custom with Brent Nolasco for Ghost In The Machine, 2011
- Piece(s) for A Tribute to Big Trouble In Little China, 2011
- Symbiote - 6.5" custom for For The Love Of Vinyl, 2011
- Qee - custom for the NYC♥QEE show, 2011
- Nimbus - custom for the Nimbus Custom Show, 2010
- Qee - 20" "Solace" custom for Qee to the City, 2010
- Piece(s) for Little Monsters, 2010
- Qee - custom for 15th Anniversary DIY Qee Celebration, 2010
- Two Faced Hazel - "Til the End of the World" for the Zerostigmata Benefit Collective, 2010
- Sketchbot - custom for the Sketchbot Custom Show V2, 2010
- Jouwe - custom for Jouwe Custom Show (US), 2010
- Ghost Girl - "Silva Dolorosa" custom, 2010
- Celsius - custom for Ganmetall Celsius Custom Show, 2010
- "KANPAI OniSake" custom for the Not Vinyl show, 2010