From Vinyl Creep
To see Johnny Yanok not wearing a gentle smile would be a rarity. When experiencing his work it is clearly understood where the contagious grin comes from. His art brings the viewer to a wonderful place of humor, a twinkle of years past and sometimes a simple quirky connection; just imagine what it does to the creator.
Evident inspirations for Johnny are Mid-century style, vintage Halloween, Little Golden Books, Disneyland, and flea markets. Merging these, traditional gouache painting techniques and digital media make his work truly unique. His success as an artist is from a rounded source of interests. Johnny's paintings and sculptural works are exhibited in galleries internationally. His commercial work spans advertising to entertainment.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Johnny.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Johnny has lent their design skills to.
These are one-off, or very limited, toys.
- Piece(s) for the Garbage Pail Kids Tribute Show, 2011
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult 5, 2011
- Custom for Natural Resources 3, 2010
- Baby Qee - 3.5" custom for the Rivet Custom Qee Show, 2010
- Custom for Natural Resources, 2009
- Pieces for The Study, 2009
- Devil Dog - custom for Osaka Popstar Devil Dog Art Show, 2008
- Plush for Stuff This! Plush Group Show, 2008
- Piece for Art Dorks, 2007
- Wood Custom for the NeighborWOOD Show, 2006
- Piece(s) for That New Dork Smell, 2006
- Piece(s) for I am 8-Bit, 2006
- Piece for The Monster Show, 2005