From Vinyl Creep
PlaysKewl used to be one of the most sought after artists in the designer vinyl art toy movement. His recognizable style, combined with his trademark red, white and black color palette, has catapulted this talented artist into the upper echelons of platform toy customizers. Known for customizing Toy2r's Qee platform way before DIY toys where produced. He has been contributing to countless collective Designer Toy exhibitions since 2005. In 2007 he joined the likes of Sket-One, Doktor A, Lunartik, Huck Gee, Mimic and other top designers for the hugely successful Kidrobot Munny Shot show in Bristol, England. One of his masterpieces was an 20" Original Replica of a Darth Vader mask that contributed to The Vader Project (a 30 year celebration exhibition for Star Wars) that toured the world for 3 years. Besides platform toys, PlaysKewl has applied his art to prints, canvas, t-shirts and skate decks. His 'Killer Zero' design would have made an appearance on a production run 9" vinyl by RedMagicStyle 2008-2009. Unfortunately this production that was part of The Love Original Project was cancelled by RedMagicStyle for reasons unknown. In 2007 fans of PlaysKewl were treated to a feature interview in issue #10 of Clutter Magazine. This in-depth interview provided an up-close-and-personal glimpse into his art career, life and views on designer vinyl art.
Designed Toy Releases
These are figures designed by Playskewl.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys Playskewl has lent his design skills to.
- Qee - 2.5" Series 5c, Hot Shot, 2006
These are one-off figures by Playskewl.
- Vader Helmet for the The Vader Project, 2009
- Moneygrip - custom for the Get a Grip show, 2008
- Piece for the Limited Edition Exhibition, 2008
- Moody - custom for Don't Cry Over Spilt Vinyl, 2008
- Moody - Custom for the Moody Idols show, 2008
- Lefty - for the DIY Calamari show, 2007
- Baby Qees - for the DIY Baby Qee Expo, 2007
- Vader custom for The Vadar Project, 2007
- Munny - 8" for the Munny Shot show, 2007
- Trexi - 10" for the Double Dutch show, 2006
- Circus Punks - custom for 100 Circus Punks Rule NYC, 2005