From Vinyl Creep
Sun-Min Kim and David Horvath are creators of the best selling art-toy line, Uglydoll. Their work has been featured everywhere from Benetton’s Fabrica Features gallery in Hong Kong and Fewmany in Tokyo, to the windows of Barneys New York and the Whitney Museum in Midtown Manhattan.
Sun-Min has just completed work on her 9th children's book published in Korea. Sun-Min and David’s newest collaboration, Pounda, featured on tee shirts, limited edition prints, and cel phone downloads on NTT's DOCOMO service, is the latest of the duo's creations to be translated into luscious rotocast vinyl. Sun-Min's Spider Boom has made the move from canvas to plush.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys Sun-Min has designed.
- Uglydolls - plush and vinyl series, with partner David Horvath
- Choco and Minty
- Ice Bat
- My Friend Dave
- Power Mister
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Sun-Min has lent her design skills to.
- Ningyo Project - Sun-Min Ningyo, 2008
- Qee - 8" Ham Slammer Bear, with David Horvath, 2007
- Qee - 8" & 2.5" Grey Spiderboom, 2006
- Qee - 8" & 2.5" Pink Spiderboom, 2006
- Trexi - 3" Series 2, Spider Boom, 2005
- Circus Punk - 14" Pounda, 150 pieces, with David Horvath, 2005
- Circus Punk - 14" Spiderboom, 150 pieces, 2005
- Dunny - 2-Faced Series 2, 10x 3" figures, with David Horvath 2005
- Dunny - 2-Faced Series 1, 10x 3" figures, with David Horvath 2004
These are one-off pieces by Sun-Min.
- Piece(s) for the Super7 10 Year Anniversary Art Show, 2011
- Piece(s) for Japanese Vinyl, Kaiju and Beyond, 2010/2011
- Burgerbuns - custom for Funbuns, A Burgerbuns Custom Show, 2010
- Piece for Monsters In The Mangroves, 2010
- Rody - custom for Enjoy Rody Taiwan, 2010
- Vadar Helmet for the The Vadar Project, 2009
- Vadar custom for The Vadar Project, 2007
- Circus Punks - custom for 100 Circus Punks Rule NYC, 2005
- Dunny - 20" custom for The Dunny Show 2004, 2004