Jennybird Alcantara is an artist living in San Francisco CA. She received her BFA from the San Francisco Art Institute.. The majority of her work is oil paintings on wood but she also creates art dolls inspired by her paintings and acrylic works on paper. Her work has at its core a dreamlike narrative and through her paintings she contemplates the complex interconnectedness of opposites as seen through the prism of myth, fable and fantasy. Jennybird uses the symbolism of duality to explore the connection of life and death and the veil in between, as well as the relationship between the beauty and cruelness of nature, that of the natural world as well as human and animal nature. The anthropomorphic qualities in her characters show the relationship of the central figure to the world she inhabits.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Jennybird.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Jennybird has lent her design skills to.
These are one-off, or very limited, toys.
- "Dream Garden" for Between Worlds, 2016
- Piece for Darkpop, 2012
- "The First Bunny was a Deer" for Playboy Redux & Playboy Redux II, 2010/2011
- Plush for Stuff This! Plush Group Show, 2008
- Piece(s) for Sadly Beautiful, 2007
- Piece(s) for Black Market, 2007
- Custom for Bitters and Sweets, 2007