Chikuwaemil was born and raised in Osaka, Japan. Described as a cute, surrealistic, magical drawing artist with no formal art education, this young talent is already making an impression on Japan’s contemporary art market. Her unprecedented “kawaii- annihilism” art style looks at the world through a pure and unique filter. Chikuwaemil’s painting techniques range from analog to digital to collage, using a diversity of media and found materials. In 2010, Chikwuaemil began exhibiting her pop-culture and anime-inspired artwork professionally, working with prominent art galleries such as KaiKai Kiki Gallery-Osaka, Kaikai Kiki Gallery-Nakano, Billiken Gallery, and featured in publications Hi-Fructose Magazine, and Vogue-Italy, to name a few.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Chikuwaemil.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Chikuwaemil has lent her design skills to.
These are one-off, or very limited, pieces.
- YHWH - custom for the YHWH Group Custom Show, 2013
- Fonzo - "Candy Kitten" custom for Fonzo Loves California, 2013
- Piece for Tokusatsu, 2012
- Piece(s) for Touma and Friends, 2012
- My Little Pony custom for The Pony Project LA & NY, 2012
- Piece(s) for Crowded Teeth: A Sweet Group Show, 2011
- Plush for Plush-O-Rama, 2011