Glenn Barr's surreal creatures, specters and tragic characters live in a seedy universe, drenched in the grit and haze of a post-apocalyptic urban dreamscape. His Detroit work has been labeled Pop Surrealism, Pop Pluralism, Lowbrow, Underground, Regional, Outsider, Ashcan or as he coins the phrase “B Culturalism”. Barr finds inspiration in the city streets as well as from pop and counter cultures that infuse a familiarity in his many parallel realities. With a nod to old master painting, pulp art, comics and animation, Barr's paintings are mesmerizing in their narrative complexities and technical depth.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Glenn.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Glenn has lent his design skills to.
- Skelve - 9" "Lucky Devil", 30 pieces, 2015
- Dunny - 3" Series 2, 2005
- Qee - Ox-Op Series 1, Mystic Cat, 2.5" 2004
These are one-off pieces by Glenn.
- Pieces for Traveling Circus, 2014
- All City Style - "Destroy Man" custom for The Grand Slam, 2014
- "Waiting for the Bus" for Winter Salon, 2012
- Card for The Art Hustle 3, 2012
- "Shopping" for Winter Salon, 2011
- "Idyll" for Darkpop, 2011
- Piece for Playboy Redux & Playboy Redux II, 2010/2011
- Piece(s) for Vintage, Modern Narrative, 2011
- Mad L - 10" custom for the MadL Citizens show, 2008
- Piece(s) for Baby Tattooville, 2008
- Custom for Bitters and Sweets, 2007
- Piece for The Beast Within, 2007
- Circus Punks - custom for 100 Circus Punks Rule NYC, 2005
- Qee - custom for Qeedrophonic, 2004
- Dunny - 20" custom for The Dunny Show 2004, 2004