Jason studied Industrial Design at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn NY.
Spending most of the 90's traveling the globe as a muralist and theatrical designer, Jason joined MTV's Special Events department in 1997 as a freelance designer. While there, Jason helped design and create stage sets, props, and custom artwork for MTV Networks live events and trade productions worldwide. Jason's most recognizable contributions were his custom trophies created for MTV's "Rock-n-Jock" series and "TRL Awards" televised events.
Around that same time, through a series of hand painted, NSFW "Pin-Up" themed illustrations, Jason's personal artwork began attaining notoriety, gracing the pages of such magazines as Heavy Metal, Juxtapoz Erotica, Penthouse and Time Out New York.
In 2002, after the birth of his son, Jason surrendered his messy, toxic studio for a nursery and went digital. A year later he took a staff position as a toy designer. And while that only lasted a year, the stylistic influence these two events had on his creations is apparent, spawning a surreal mixture where innocence clashes with maturity.
Jason created his first fictional anatomy illustration in 2000 with his depiction of the mythological "Incubus". His first anatomical digital illustration in 2007 with "Pneumatic Anatomica" balloon animal anatomy and his first anatomical sculpt in 2010 with an anatomical Dunny.
Armed with a youthful, overactive imagination, Jason creates smart, intricate works that tickle the deviant intellect through a mix of hard graphics, detailed anatomy, pop iconography and wit.
Jason went full time as a working artist in 2010 and can now be found hunched over his work table developing works of candy colored madness.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Jason.
- Skull Bomb
- Dissected Toy Prince
- Dissected Gingerbread Man
- Gummi Bear Anatomy
- Micro Anatomic
- Brick Baby
- Anatomical Chocolate Easter Bunny
- Anatomy Balloon Dog
- Friendly Fire Quacker
- Smart Bomb
- Big Bird
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Jason has lent his design skills to.
- Target - "Self Medicated" Black, Dcon'13, 2013
- Target - "Self Medicated" White, 100 pieces, SDCC'13, 2013
- Qee - 36" "Tongue Tied", 36 pieces, 2011
- Qee - 2.5" Skeleanimals Artist Series, Visible ChungKee GID, Special Edition, 2010
- Qee - 2.5" Skeleanimals Artist Series, Visible ChungKee Black, Special Edition, 2010
- Qee - 2.5" Skeleanimals Artist Series, 2010
These are one-off, or very limited, toys.
- The Blank - custom for The Blank Show, 2016
- Negora - custom for Konatsuya Daikaiju, 2014
- Autopsy Zombie Staple Baby - custom for The Crawling Dead, 2014
- Lolligag - custom for Vive La Lolligag!, 2014
- Card for The Art Hustle 3, 2012
- Lucy Exposed - Lucy Dissected, 2011
- Custom for I Am Legion, 2011
- Jaws - 13" Dissected custom, 2011
- Jumping Brain - "Think Tank" custom for the Brain Evolution Exhibit, 2011
- Sharky - 36" custom for Getting Big, 2011
- Piece(s) for New Dimensions, 2011
- Qee - custom for the NYC♥QEE show, 2011
- "Yoshi Anatomical Sculpt" for New Moon : Interpretations of the Chinese Zodiac, 2011
- T-Boy/Danke Schoen - custom for Love Movement, 2010
- Dunny - 3" Cutaway Anatomical Dunny, 2010
- Qee - 2.5" DIY Qee, 2010
- Rolitoboy - Squid, 2010
- Qee - 3" Mama & Baby "Yokel" custom baby egg Qees, 2008