Naoto Hattori was born in 1975 in Yokohama Japan, studied Graphic Design in Tokyo before moving to New York to study in the School of Visual Arts. In the year 2000 he received a BFA in illustration from the School of Visual Arts. He has received Awards from the Society of Illustrators, the New York Directors Club, Communication Arts and also he has won numerous award from many art competitions and has been published in many art magazines. Of his work, He says: "My vision is like a dream, whether it's a sweet dream, a nightmare, or just a trippy dream. I try to see what's really going on in my mind, and that's a practice to increase my awareness in stream-of-consciousness creativity. I try not to label or think about what is supposed to be, just take it in as it is and paint whatever I see in my mind with no compromise. That way, I create my own vision."
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Naoto.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Naoto has lent their design skills to.
These are one-off, or very limited, toys.
- "Shroom Tiger" for Between Worlds, 2016
- Autopsy Zombie Staple Baby - custom for The Crawling Dead, 2014
- YHWH - custom for the YHWH Group Custom Show, 2013
- Piece(s) for Not in Kansas Anymore, 2013
- Jumping Brain - custom for the Brain Evolution Exhibit, 2011
- Piece for Inle, 2011
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult, 2008
- Piece for Bitters and Sweets, 2007
- Nade - custom for Operation Fragmentation, 2006