Peskimo's world is teeming with monsters and bunnies, pattern and texture, combining quirky details and streamlined design with a generous pinch of nostalgia to create art that has won admirers far and wide. Since meeting at university in Leeds, Jodie and David saw eye to eye on robots, kittens and evil monkeys.
They began to work under the name of Peskimo in 2004, and together they have crafted a vast array of characters and creations that have appeared on Tshirts, magazines, newspapers, billboards and nightclub walls. They find inspiration in cartoons, vintage graphic design and overhearing people in the post office queue.
In 2006, they collaborated with Kid Robot to create a mini series of toys which featured 16 unique characters sold as 3 inch vinyl figures. They have since worked with other toy companies including Crazy Label with whom they created the iconic Monster Burp figure in 2008. Since working as Peskimo, the pair has worked with a wide variety of clients including Sony, Barclays, MTV, BBC, Vodafone and AOL.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Peskimo.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Peskimo has lent their design skills to.
- Jibibuts - Artist Series, 2012
- Qee - 2.5" Melee Green, Designer Collection Series 6, 2010
- Qee - 2.5" Melee Red, Designer Collection Series 6, 2010
- Bubblefun - Artist Series, 2009
- Dunny - 3" Ye Olde English Dunny Series, 2009
- Piece(s) for The Monster Mash, 2006
- Trexi - Peskimoon, Series 1, 2005
These are one-off, or very limited, toys.
- Piece(s) for Cutepocalypse, 2015
- Cavey - custom for Cavey’s 3rd Birthday, 2013
- Piece(s) for Pablove One Another, 2012
- Cavey - 4" Cavey x Peskimo, 2011
- Jibibuts - Delilah at the Races, 7" custom for We Heart Wood, 2010
- Jibibuts - Gertrude at the Races, 7" custom for We Heart Wood, 2010
- DCTO - "Little Treasure (Pirate)" custom for Dreams to Dreams, 2008
- House of Liu - 6" Custom, for the House of Liu Custom Show, 2008
- Droplets - custom for Jam and Custard, 2008
- Piece for Sneaky Critters, 2007
- Lefty - for the DIY Calamari show, 2007
- Teddy Troop - custom for Occupied Territories, 2007
- Piece for Plus Plush, 2007
- Action Man Custom for Action Man 40 40, 2006
- Wood Custom for the NeighborWOOD Show, 2006
- Munny - custom for Save Huck, 2006
- Podling - 5" Squeaky Joe and the (wrinkly) Conkers, for the DIY Podling Show, 2005
- Circus Punks - custom for 100 Circus Punks Rule NYC, 2005
- Funny Club - 4" custom for The Funny Club Show, 2005