Brian McCarty is an internationally exhibited artist and toy industry veteran based in West Hollywood, California.
McCarty's postmodern integration of concept and character has earned his photography a prominent position in the Art-Toy and Pop Surrealist movements. However, McCarty’s work is often more akin to reportage than photo-illustration. His approach is grounded in documenting actual – albeit manufactured – moments of time from a uniquely personal perspective.
McCarty is featured in several books including Vinyl Will Kill, Dot Dot Dash, and Toys: New Designs from the Art-Toy Revolution. His first monograph, titled Art-Toys, was released in 2010 by Los Angeles based Baby Tattoo Books.
Designed Toy Releases
Toy Series Participation
- Honey B - 6" Rock B Exclusive, 10 pieces, 2008
Customs & Show Pieces
- Piece for Stop It!, 2011
- Jibibuts - custom for We Heart Wood, 2010
- Piece for Masters of the Universe Group Show, 2010
- Custom for Bitters and Sweets, 2007
- Funny Club - 4" custom for The Funny Club Show, 2005