Dan May was born and raised in the suburbs of Rochester, NY. He attended Syracuse University, where he received a BFA in illustration. Dan spends his days (and nights) painting dreamlike environments that transcend space and time. These delightfully haunting images are often based in personal observations of both human’s and nature’s relationships with each other. His artwork has been exhibited in galleries throughout the US and abroad. Dan has collaborated with numerous publications, design firms, advertising agencies, and publishing houses. Some of his clients include WIRED, St. Louis Magazine, The San Francisco Chronicle, Aspen Magazine, Village Voice Media, AOL Productions, 20th Century FOX, and VIZ Media. He has received honours from Communication Arts, Society of Illustrators LA, and American Illustration. Dan lives and works in Jacksonville, FL with his beautiful and inspiring wife Kendal and their feisty bird Jax.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Dan.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Dan has lent their design skills to.
These are one-off, or very limited, toys.
- Piece(s) for Tiny Trifecta, 2015
- Piece(s) for Tiny Trifecta, 2012
- Piece(s) for Sink or Swim, 2011
- Piece(s) for Tiny Trifecta, 2011
- Piece for Inle, 2011
- Piece(s) for Remedy, 2010
- "Ponder" for New Moon : Interpretations of the Chinese Zodiac, 2010
- Piece for Masters of the Universe Group Show, 2010
- Jibibuts - custom for We Heart Wood, 2010
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult, 2009
- Piece(s) for Vivisect Playset Show, 2009
- Piece(s) for Give Less Fruitcake, 2008