Los Angeles-born artist Elizabeth McGrath has always had an eye for the strange beauty in the grotesqueries of life; this appreciation is nowhere more evident than in her work. Inspired by the relationship between the natural world and the detritus of consumer culture, she brings forth a new cavalcade of creatures from the darker corners of the streets, the city, the imagination. It is this melancholy interaction between man-made status symbols and suffering specimens of nature that make up her intricate body of work.
Designed Toy Releases
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Liz McGrath has designed for various series.
- Qee - Ox-Op 2.5" Series 3 - Butcher, ratio 1/30, 2006
These are one-off pieces by Elizabeth.
- Sleepwalker - custom for Lucid Dream, 2015
- Piece(s) for Be My Valentine, 2015
- Piece(s) for the Christmas Kaiju Group Show, 2014
- Lolligag - custom for Vive La Lolligag!, 2014
- Piece(s) for Gift Wrapped 2, 2014
- Piece(s) for One of One, 2014
- Piece(s) for Tenebrous, 2014
- YHWH - custom for the YHWH Group Custom Show, 2013
- Card for The Art Hustle 3, 2012
- Pieces for Baby Tattooville, 2011
- Jumping Brain - custom for the Brain Evolution Exhibit, 2011
- Pieces for Baby Tattooville, 2009
- "The Good Luck Money Monkey" plush for Stuff This! Plush Group Show, 2008
- Funny Club - 4" custom for The Funny Club Show, 2005
- Qee - custom for Qeedrophonic, 2004