Kiersten Essenpreis grew up in the suburbs of Chicago but later moved to Brooklyn, NY to study at Pratt Institute. There she received a BFA in Communication Design with a minor in Art History. After 11 years in Brooklyn, she has recently relocated back to Chicago, where she continues to work as a freelance illustrator & gallery artist.
Kiersten has been included in the American Illustration Annual 23-25, 27-31, and has shown in galleries across the United States including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, San Francisco, as well as other worldwide cities such as Dublin, London, Tokyo, and the Philippines. Some of her clients include Coach Inc., Reed Krakoff, Martha Stewart Living, The New York Times, The Boston Globe, Spin, Nylon, Paper Magazine, and Mashable.com.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Kiersten.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Kiersten has lent her design skills to.
These are one-off, or very limited, toys.
- Piece(s) for Mattel x G1988, 2017
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult 10, 2016
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult 9, 2015
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult 8, 2014
- Piece(s) for Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary, 2014
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult NYC, 2012
- Piece(s) for Gallery1988 x Adult Swim, 2012
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult 5, 2011
- Piece for Masters of the Universe Group Show, 2010
- Painting(s) for Another Dimension, 2010
- “Seinfeldology (AKA 99 Seinfeld references)” for Idiot Box, 2009
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult, 2009
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult, 2008