Lawrence Yang wrestles with informational abstractions by day and paints by night. Influenced by graffiti art and traditional Chinese painting, he employs ink, marker, and watercolor, as the permanence of this media adds a sense of immediacy to his work. Lawrence's paintings make use of color to communicate atmosphere and emotion, and they are concerned primarily with creating order out of chaos (and vice versa). Lawrence once ate an entire bag of Fun Size Three Musketeers™. He lives in San Francisco with his imaginary pets, Cholo and Binky.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Lawrence.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Lawrence has lent his design skills to.
These are one-off, or very limited, pieces.
- Piece(s) for 30 Years Later, 2020
- "Rainy Day" for Crazy4Cult 13, 2019
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult, 2018
- Piece(s) for Idiot Box, 2018
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult 11, 2017
- Piece(s) for the Rick & Morty Group Show, 2017
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult 10, 2016
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult 9, 2015
- Piece(s) for Idiot Box 2, 2015
- Piece(s) for Adventure Time x G1988, 2014
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult 8, 2014
- Piece(s) for Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary, 2014
- Piece(s) for Gallery1988 x Adult Swim, 2012
- Piece(s) for the Old School Video Game Show 2, 2012
- Piece(s) for New Moon : Interpretations of the Chinese Zodiac, 2012
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult 5, 2011
- Piece(s) for the Garbage Pail Kids Tribute Show, 2011