Max Bare is an artist based in Chicago, born in Ohio and brain-fed in Savannah (SCAD grad). As a fine artist he creates narrative mixed media pieces filled with paint, tapirs, bears, wood and love. Materials include customized circus barnwood and poster paper scrap collaged from his old day-job as a conservation wizard apprentice. Thematic series range from sibling reflections of family love and ooey-gooeyness to themes of impending apocalyptic pan-dimensional mayhem. As a commercial illustrator he currently pencils, inks, and pedicures everyone’s favorite drunken Big Foot and Plesiosaur driven comic book: “Mystery Afoot.” As a curator he started by opening his own gallery Get Knifed, then curated A.Okay Official gallery and now co-owns/assimilated into the collective/gallery: OhNo!Doom.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Max.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Max has lent his design skills to.
These are one-off, or very limited, toys.
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult, 2018
- Nohwitz - "Sticky Hyper-Relevant Content" custom for Nohwitz All, 2015
- Piece for 10x10, 2014
- "Shell-Shocked: Turtles Fight with Honor" for Gift Wrapped, 2013
- Piece(s) for Super Button Mashers, A Gamer Tribute, 2012
- IWG - custom for Humans Beware, 2009
- Piece for Into The Darkness, 2009
- Skully - custom for the Custom Skully Show, 2009
- Piece for We Need Each Other, 2008