PodgyPanda is Richard Kuoch, an artist, illustrator, animator and graphic designer from Auckland, New Zealand. His characters exude that playful innocence we so often associate with childhood. Utilising his background in animation and graphic design, he follows his motto “Blink, Smile, Share” by creating characters and illustrations that show his fun and unique take on life through art.
His projects range from commercial design such as murals, logos and character creations, through to apparel and merchandise, with up and coming apparel and vinyl toy projects in the pipeline. Fresh from a 2 year stint in London, Richard has moved back to his home country of New Zealand and is currently working on an upcoming solo exhibition and group shows around the world, where he hopes to expand the world his characters reside in.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Podgy Panda.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Podgy Panda has lent his design skills to.
These are one-off, or very limited, toys.
- Piece(s) for Mattel x G1988, 2017
- "Pandaccino" for Studio Gold, 2016
- Piece(s) for Kute as Fuh!, 2015
- Piece(s) for Thrashin', 2015
- Piece(s) for The Art of Love, 2014
- Billy - custom for Blamo 5th Annual Custom Show, 2013
- Piece for 99 Deaths of Jar Jar, 2013
- RAAR! - custom for The Custom Raaar! Show, 2013
- Toyconosaurus - custom for the Custom T-Con Show, 2013
- Cavey - custom for Cavey’s 3rd Birthday, 2013
- "Alice Entangled" for Tales, 2012
- Custom(s) for Sneaky Snow Ball, 2012
- Android - customs for the Dragatomi SDCC Edition Custom Android Blind Box Series, 2012
- Piece(s) for Art Too Cute For Words, 2012
- Piece(s) for Rabid, Wild and Docile, 2012
- Piece(s) for Year Of The Dragon, 2012
- Munny - custom Kracka for the Dragons Custom Show, 2012
- Piece for Stop It!, 2011
- Piece(s) for Get The Lead Out, 2011
- Munny - "Clifford the Werewolf" Foomi custom for Tales from the Sneaky Crypt, 2011
- Symbiote - 6.5" "The Great Panda Gumball Machine" custom for For The Love Of Vinyl, 2011
- Fatima - Pink Fatima Custom
- Qee - "The Waterslide" 8" custom for 15th Anniversary DIY Qee Celebration, 2010
- Sketchbot - custom for the Sketchbot Custom Show V2, 2010
- Piece(s) for Get The Lead Out, 2010
- Jibibuts - custom for We Heart Wood, 2010
- Mega Munny - Heaven and Hell, a Really Doodley Mess, commission, 2009
- Custom for Mutation - A Vinyl Show, 2009
- Piece for Sadly Beautiful, 2007