Shannon Bonatakis engages her viewers using highly stylized and emotionally charged portraiture. Inspired by human experiences both personal and interpersonal, she lovingly interprets these universal emotions through her subjects. Often autobiographical in some capacity, her paintings give us a candid window into the deep dark caverns of the artist's psyche. These narratives are often left open to interpretation, but emanate a deep personal significance to the creator which is not always clear, but always compelling.
Shannon currently resides in Denver, Colorado with her husband Josh and their part lab, part dachshund, part dragon puppy, Enid Coleslaw.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Shannon.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Shannon has lent her design skills to.
These are one-off, or very limited, toys.
- "If she loses" for Crazy4Cult 10, 2016
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult 9, 2015
- Piece for 10x10, 2014
- "Cecillia was the first to go" for Crazy4Cult 7, 2013
- Piece(s) for the Garbage Pail Kids Tribute Show, 2011
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult 5, 2011
- Piece for Masters of the Universe Group Show, 2010
- Piece(s) for Ladies Night, 2010
- "Peril in the Pits" for We'll Be Right Back After These Messages, 2009
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult, 2009
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult, 2008