The themes in Audrey Kawasaki's work are contradictions within themselves. Her work is both innocent and erotic. Each subject is attractive yet disturbing. Audrey's precise technical style is at once influenced by both manga comics and Art Nouveau. Her sharp graphic imagery is combined with the natural grain of the wood panels she paints on, bringing an unexpected warmth to enigmatic subject matter.
The figures she paints are seductive and contain an air of melancholy. They exist in their own sensually esoteric realm, yet at the same time present a sense of accessibility that draws the observer to them. These mysterious young women captivate with the direct stare of their bedroom eyes.
Designed Toy Releases
Toy Series Participation
Customs & Show Pieces
- Piece(s) for Tiny Trifecta, 2013
- Piece(s) for Tiny Trifecta, 2012
- Piece(s) for Tiny Trifecta, 2011
- Piece for Inle, 2011
- Piece(s) for Small Gift, 2010
- Pieces for Baby Tattooville, 2009
- Art for Kokeshi, 2007
- Piece(s) for The Chubby Bunny Show, 2006