Paul Shih is an artist/designer in New Zealand, originally from Taiwan, where culture is a heady mix of diverse influences. Paul was educated in New Zealand, he graduated from AUT (Art and Design) in 2004.
His work is about events, characters, and is inspired by his surroundings to create a visual world that tells the story. Throughout the time, Paul has developed a unique style called 「Paper Diorama」, which combined illustration and photography techniques.
He currently lives and works in Auckland, New Zealand, in dayime he work as a freelance designer / illustrator. At dark, Paul works in his secret laboratory, where he builds an empire of paper monsters, mysterious creatures and imperfect people. He believes one day they will raise from the dark to save the world.
Designed Toy Releases
Toy Series Participation
- Qee - 2.5" PURE Designer Collection Series 7, 2011
Customs & Show Pieces
- Aloha! Lolligag - "Calamity" custom for the Aloha! Lolligag Show, 2017
- Negora - custom for Konatsuya Daikaiju, 2016
- Negora - custom for Konatsuya Daikaiju, 2014
- "Momotaro" for Works Cited, 2014
- Piece(s) for Scary Girl - 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition, 2012
- Pandara - for Rabid, Wild and Docile, 2012
- Piece(s) for Save and Destroy, 2012
- Mini Lunartik in A Cup of Tea - custom for Lunartik Mini-Tea Tour, 2011
- Symbiote - 6.5" "Veganpire" custom for For The Love Of Vinyl, 2011
- Sketchbot - custom for the Sketchbot Custom Show V2, 2010
- ILLAZILLA! - custom for Attack of ILLAZILLA!, 2009